Portfolio - Hilltop Rugwash
This orinal version of this website featured:
- Coded entirely in PHP to make the website more easily maintainable
- Dynamic/static design - much of the content drawn from a MySQL database
- A Google-friendly site structure to facilitate SEO
This was a fairly simple site - the initial design I created used a content area in the shape of a horse’s rug (which would expand vertically) but the clients didn’t like the idea so after a few redesigns they settled on this design.
Using a bespoke content management system they can enter news items and can update the price list and add or remove items from it.
In 2014 Hilltop Rugwash asked me to redesign the website so that it would be mobile-friendly.
The new design incorporates the following changes:
- An adaptive design with different layouts for desktop, tablet and smartphone
- Facebook-friendly meta data on every page of the site
- CSS fonts using the @font-face system
- A telephone number which is clickable on smartphone layouts but not on other layouts